Radiology & Imaging Sciences plays a crucial role in determining the accuracy of diagnosis and the subsequent planning of treatment. It helps doctors and surgeons to plan every aspect of management in advance.
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences at Clara Swain Mission consists of the latest equipment manned by qualified doctors and offers 24 X 7 elective and emergency services. The imaging department (radiology) offers a world-class range of diagnostic and interventional imaging services for both in-patients and out-patients. We are committed to providing state of the art imaging with constantly evolving techniques. This enables us to offer a high quality level of patient care and service.
The radiology team consists of consultant radiologists, radiographers, radiology nurses, and radiology department assistants.
- MRI 3 Tesla Multi-transmit
- C.T. Scan 64 slice (first time in U.P.)
- C.T. Guided Coronary Angiography.
- 4-D, 3-D Ultrasound and Color Doppler
- Digital X-Ray (500 mA)
- 500 mA portable X-Ray
- Portable X-Ray
- MRI scanning
- CT scanning
- Vascular imaging & Intervention e.g. Biopsies and stent implantation
- Accident & emergency x-ray
- General X-ray
- General ultrasound
- Obstetric & gynaecological ultrasound
- Fluoroscopic imaging e.g. Barium studies
- Paediatric imaging
- Ultrasound guided needle biopsy of internal organs
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
MRI is a non invasive method of evaluating the internal structures of the body without the use of ionizing radiation using radio frequency signals in magnetic field. It overcomes patient unfriendly aspects while giving the doctors images that are more precise and more informative.
Computerized Tomography Scan (CT Scan):
CT scanner is a special kind of X-ray machine. Instead of sending out a single X-ray through your body as with ordinary X-rays, several beams are sent simultaneously from different angles. The scanner is particularly good at testing for bleeding in the brain, for aneurysms (when the wall of an artery swells up), brain tumors and brain damage. It can also find tumors and abscesses throughout the body and is used to assess types of lung disease.
In addition, the CT scanner is used to look at internal injuries such as a torn kidney, spleen or liver; or bony injury, particularly in the spine. CT scanning can also be used to guide biopsies and therapeutic pain procedures.
CT 64 Slice (Spiral High Resolution CT Scan)
64 Computed Tomography (CT) scan refers to the newest generation in CT scan technology and is also known as "64-slice CT." The 64 "slices" refer to the number of detectors that are present on a CT scanner.
- One of the major advances with 64 slice CT scanning has been vast improvements in cardiac heart scans. The heart is difficult to visualize because it remains in movement, constantly changing in shape and size as the heart beats. In addition, the structures of interest (coronary arteries) are small structures that have a width measured in millimeters. With new generation 64 slice CT heart scans, cardiologists and radiologists can evaluate the coronary arteries and determine if there is atherosclerosis in the arteries of the heart. Some facts about Angiography procedure cQuick & Non-invasive.
- No incision therefore reduced chances of infection
- Good for patients with low to intermediate likelihood of coronary artery disease (CAD) with atypical chest pain and/or prior equivocal or non-diagnostic other tests (e.g. stress testing, nuclear myocardial perfusion imaging).
- It also has proved valuable in the detection and exclusion of obstructive CAD, the severity of stenosis, as well as plaque volumes, composition and remodeling.
Ultra-Sonography & Doppler
Ultrasound is used to create images of soft tissue structures, such as the gall bladder, liver, heart, kidney, female reproductive organs– and even of babies still in the womb. Ultrasound can also detect blockages in the blood vessels. This helps the physician to find out the reasons for pain, swelling or any kind of infection in the body.
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Transrectal Ultrasound
- Doppler ultrasonography helps to detect moving blood cells or other moving structures and measure their speed and direction of movement. It helps in evaluating blood flow through the major arteries and veins of the arms, legs and neck.